Your central AC system has a lot of components that all work together to achieve a goal, removing heat and blowing cooled air back into the home. When one component malfunctions, it can produce an unusual noise:
- Squealing – often indicates a worn blower motor belt
- Rattling – may be an issue in the ducts, a problem with the fan, or loose internal mounts
- Banging – could be problems with the motor or the compressor
- Buzzing – commonly heard when there is a major electrical issue
- Clicking – also typically electrical—such as a problem with the relay switch
However, you might not notice much of a difference with the quality of the air conditioning system. You may still be getting some cool air through your vents, but that doesn’t mean that everything is okay.
Don’t Wait to Schedule AC Service - Call 0716 717 688
A messed up fan belt that is squealing is an easy fix, but if you wait too long, the broken belt may force the fan to stop and your unit to shut off in the summer when you need it most. A rattling noise may only indicate a loose fan blade, but if you don’t get the problem straightened out, it could cause permanent internal damage to the AC system.
In other words, don’t wait too long to schedule service, or the problem can get a whole lot worse. Schedule AC service with a professional technician as soon as possible, and get the problem under control for less!
For all of your air conditioning needs in Nairobi, call the experts - Skyline Sales Services Limited